Pages

November 1, 2020

11/1/2020: Music == memories too

I spent a fair bit of the day today adding artists and music to my Spotify. I find Spotify so much more intuitive than Pandora, and I love I can play it through my Google home devices. I started a spreadsheet about a year ago, listing all the artists and songs I like. I'm up to somewhere around 600 artists. I don't have them all in Spotify yet, but I've made a dent in the list.

Music is, of course, an avenue to memory lane as well. Jeff wasn't fond of my music, but I like the majority of his music so didn't see this as a problem. It made me sad we never had a song. I tried to make Mockingbird by James Taylor and Carly Simon our song and wanted to sing it with him, but he wasn't interested. He doesn't like James Taylor because he supposedly was physically violent with Carly Simon. Same with John Lennon with his first wife. 

Most of the music I worked with yesterday had no connection to us, but every once in a while I'd come across a song or artist I either connected to our relationship or learned to love through him. Bill Withers. B. J. Thomas. Barenaked Ladies. Fiona Apple's Extraordinary Machine. Harry Nilsson. Joni Mitchell. Steely Dan. Michael McDonald. The O' Brother Where Art Thou soundtrack. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I received the pre-work information for the Tech Elevator bootcamp, and now have to set up a schedule to get it done before the end of November. Also, the actual bootcamp will be 40+ hours a week, and I have to change a routine at home that does not include actually working. Yet another reason this will be good for me, as changing routines is historically difficult for me (ADHD for the loss).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I finally caught up on Critical Role today. That's 2 campaigns, 5 years of 4-5 hour shows almost every week. I'm crushing on Matt Mercer, which is odd seeing as the only other celebrity crush I've ever was Chuck Norris when I was a teenager. He's so very creative, both with physical art and his world. He's genuine, the kind of nice I appreciate, the kind I thought Jeff was. He's open about his insecurities, accepting of differences in others. He has many of the attributes I'd like in a mate, and several of the physical attributes I find attractive.

Next, I plan to watch Pub Draw on their twitch channel. I hope to get my drawing skills to a place where I can create a graphic novel of the story Brian and I have been talking about. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm thinking about walking a half marathon. Not signing up and paying for a race, but the 13.1 mile distance. Probably brought on reading my old running blogs, although it's not the first time I've had the thought. I know I can walk ~8.5 miles, and actually walked almost that today. It would take about 4 hours, and I would have to work up to it which means a schedule. I'm not sure I'm ready for that kind of commitment so we'll see what happens. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today's accomplishments:
20K+ steps
Watch Critical Role
Wash, Dry, Fold sheets, blankets, towels, rugs

No comments: