Pages

November 4, 2020

11/4/2020: CSS and Binging again

Today's Tech Elevator pre-work was the FreeCodeCamp CSS course. Again, I already knew something of CSS so this went faster than advertised. I did learn a few things though. 

I knew one could represent colors with hexadecimal code, but having never thought further I didn't realize that code factored out to 2 digits each for red, green, and blue (in that order). 

I also didn't remember the exact order of override for CSS classes. That order is:

  1. The class defined last in the <style> section will override any class before it (if both are declared in an element, e.g.
  2. Inline styles override any style declared in the <style> section
  3. If the style declared in the <style> section includes the !important keyword, that style will override all others.
<style>
  body {
    background-color: black;
    font-family: monospace;
    color: green;
  }
  #orange-text {
    color: orange;
  }
  .pink-text {
    color: pink !important;
  }
  .blue-text {
    color: blue;
  }
</style>
<h1 id="orange-text" class="pink-text blue-text" style="color: white">Hello World!</h1>

The above will display Hello World in pink font.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm not sure if it's the change in seasons, the stress of politics/finances/being unemployed for so long, a combination of the above or something else entirely. What I do know is I'm binge eating again. Still not sleeping well either, which likely is a contributing factor. I let myself get caught watching something on the computer until 11 or 12, take forever to fall asleep, then wake up 2 to 3 times before finally getting out of bed later than planned. If it weren't for Athena having to walk before breakfast I'd probably sleep in until noon every day. 

The good news is, I'm aware of my behavior. That hasn't always been the case. Being aware, it should be easier to reign it in and buckle down to the schedule I want. 

This morning's walk with Athena

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
I'm keeping appraised of but deliberately not discussing the election. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today's accomplishments:
13K+ steps
Watch Critical Role's Deadwood
Bathe Athena
Clean 2nd floor bathroom
Fold and put away Laundry
Vacuum basement
Make pill cases for Athena's allergy meds

No comments: