Pages

November 14, 2020

11/14/2020: Carpet cleaning and turkey

Today I finally found the motivation I've been missing all week. I realized I was getting stuck when sitting down after Athena's morning walk. I sit down on the couch, Athena curls up next to me, and I end up watching Netflix, Hulu, or Youtube for the rest of the day. 

I spent most of the day cleaning the living room carpet and rugs. I'd cleaned the carpet and rug under the dining table last Sunday, and have been living with the carpet cleaner and vacuum in the living room ever since. I swept the kitchen floor so I could clean the rug there, allowing it to dry while I cleaned the carpet. 

I also finally washed the dishes. Normally I'm ok leaving dishes in the side sink to soak for a day or two, depending on how many dishes I've used. This time they filled the sink and half the counter before I finally got them into the dishwasher. 

 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Believing Athena is allergic to chicken, I wondered if she would have the same problem with turkey. Chicken (especially dark meat) is relatively inexpensive, but if she's allergic I have to find another option. I have a chest freezer, and am willing to fill it with frozen turkeys if I can get them at holiday prices. I want the bones and dark meat for her anyway. 

The other option is pork. There aren't a lot of pork-based dog foods, but from my research it appears that might be because humans actually consume so much of the pig. If I pressure cook the bones as if I was making bone soup, I should be able to break them down in the blender the same way I do chicken bones now. She's thrown up undigested bone in the past, so I don't want to just give her the bones to chew on even if she would love a daily gnaw. Again, I want the bones for the nourishment they provide. 

 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today's accomplishments:
15K+ steps
Sweep kitchen
Clean living rugs and carpet
Dishes
Catch up on the latest Critical Role

No comments: