Pages

November 12, 2020

11/12/2020: Buddy vs Duff and verification of Athena's allergies

I've had Buddy vs Duff in Hulu's My Stuff for quite some time, and finally took the time to watch it today. I watched the entire series. I am a fan of the show Cake Boss, not so much a fan of Buddy. I find him overly competitive and repetitive. So tired of "Hobokin style, baby!" I can't deny his creativity though. I find I'm equally annoyed with Duff, for similar reasons. 

Both bakers came off as sore losers. Neither was willing to admit the other actually beat them in a challenge, regardless of the judge's results. That said, I found Duff far more creative than Buddy. Part of that was style. Buddy does have a larger than life, cartoony artistic style. He doesn't stray far from his comfort zone. What Duff produces is more like fine art, and he's not afraid to try something new to achieve his goals. 

IMO, Buddy won hands down on execution - a function doing what he's always done. Duff even admitted he makes mistakes, in part because he's willing to try new things. I think those mistakes cost him the competition. He produced a very entertaining show in one round, but the cake he was supposed to produce was nothing more than a thin veneer of the much larger show prop. In the final round, he didn't verify his motorized cake actually worked prior to presentation. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm not 99% certain Athena is allergic to chicken. Not thinking, I gave her the cartilage from a drumstick. Lo and behold, the rash is back. She may be allergic to more than just chicken, as her toes still looked like they had hot spots even after the rash disappeared. It's possible the few days was not enough to get all of the chicken out of her system, and the hot spots would disappear given more time. One way or another, I'll find out. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today's accomplishments:
11K+ steps

No comments: