Pages

November 26, 2020

11/26/20202: Thanksgiving is just another day

I wanted to give Athena time to warm up this morning so I didn't have to drag her when we started running. I ended up dragging her anyway 😧. I made the mistake of letting her have her way in the rain the other day, so now she thinks she can decide when we go home. It took a minute to convince her she really had no choice. I hate to think what people watching think, but I'm the one walking her not the other way around.

If I don't run at least a little every day, if I skip a day, I'm afraid I'll just not do it again. This morning, my knee was twingey I was surprised at how tired my legs were. I weighed the fear of skipping against the fear of screwing my knee up again, and the knee won. Instead of running, we walked briskly for 3.3 miles. In doing so, I started feeling and focusing on using my sartorius and rectus femoris (only known because of the image below). This is exciting for me, because it feels like I'm building muscles I haven't really worked before. 


Tonight my knee felt better, so we ran a bit. Essentially, we walked every North South street and alternated run/walk for every East West street (except for the little hook circle street at the Southernmost point). 


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Contrary to the title of this post, Thanksgiving is not just another day. No one works on Thanksgiving, meaning my financial status is in stasis with absolutely nothing I can do to change it. I couldn't contact anyone at unemployment, since it's now been 4 weeks since I submitted my application. I've called Jack Entertainment multiple times with no response, trying to get a copy of my 2018 win/loss statement for the IRS letter I received on the 18th. I haven't heard from my Ohio Means Jobs coach, on whether his supervisor approved submitting the unemployment extension to get me through the entirety of the bootcamp. 

Not surprisingly, I'm binging and not sleeping well. Other than actually getting a run in, my day consisted of watching Critical Role's AWNP Unplugged and a text string trying to coordinate a family Zoom call.  

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Accomplishments:
18K+ steps
Bathe Athena
Dishes
Stretch

No comments: