Pages

November 11, 2020

11/11/2020: Forensic files and Athena rashes

Still avoiding. Still procrastinating and binging and stressing about money and unemployment. I spent the day watching Forensic Files from 2011. I'm something of a true crime buff, but the show did not age well. So many deaths by arsenic. Toward the end of the shows I watched they started focusing on breakthroughs in forensic science, which was interesting. Using dental casting material to match ballistic information to an altered gun barrel. Developing a technique to test cremation remains for arsenic. Advances in DNA decoding, and how it could be applied to forensics. 

There are 9 seasons of this on Netflix. I think for now I've had my fill. Moving on to more important things. 

 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm almost completely certain Athena is allergic to chicken. It's either that or oatmeal. The latest batch of food I made for her is rice and salmon based, and she's been rash free for 2 days. She's had crackers and corn chips in the past few days, so I can take wheat and corn off the list. She's had her nose in the grass too, so it's not that. 

If I can get her rash free for a week, I'll reintroduce chicken and see what happens. If she doesn't react to that, I'll get her rash free for another week, then reintroduce oatmeal. So nice to be so close to figuring this out. 

 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today's accomplishments:
15K+ steps
Bake potato chip cookies
Dishes

No comments: