Pages

November 30, 2020

11/30/2020:

Bootcamp started today. As expected, the first week will go rather easily as people get up to speed on basic programming fundamentals I'm already familiar with. This is not to say I'm phoning it in. We went over bash command line commands and GIT commands, and I learned a few things in both areas. I didn't know pwd to get the path to where you are. It was good to go over the other basic commands, as I don't use bash often. In GIT, I've always used branching and have just cloned any other repositories, so never had the opportunity to use an upstream project. 

I was able to get my homework done during the lecture, which as I remember it was how I did the majority of my homework in high school. I still ilstened, and paid closer attention if I heard anything I thought was new or different. I don't know if I'll be able to do this through the entire program. I expect at some point I'll have to pay closer attention. They do give us two days to complete homework, but there is also daily reading to outline. There will also be Pathway program homework.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I emailed Leo asking if he'd heard from his supervisor regarding the supplement funds after my unemployment ends.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I asked Brian where Jack Entertainment has thier business offices. Luckily for me they're at Thistledown, so I don't have to pay for parking when I go stand on someone's desktop to get my 2018 wiun/loss statement.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had to talk to a Dr. for approval to get a COVID test. Because my insurance company has a discount code, and reimburses the $49 fee, I used their recommended virtual Dr. It worked out well enough. She agreed I probably just have a cold, but better safe than sorry so gave me the order to get the test. I was surprised to find I couldn't get an appointment until Wednesday afternoon at any of the nearby CVS stores. Ultimately I ended up at the one on Mayfield near Lander, as opposed to the one right around the corner on SOM.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
I tried to call the Unemployment office about my claim, since it's now been 4 weeks and the last correspondence I received said it takes about 3 weeks to process. Apparently they're not taking phone calls. The automated system apologized then hung up on me. 
I heard from the company handling my 2018 tax situation. They are filing a 30-day extension request. Now if I can just get Jack to send me my 2018 win/loss statement, and get the account verification to get my 2018 tax forms from the IRS site, I'll be good to go. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've taken 10K+ steps for 48 days in a row... until today. It started snowing last night, and isn't supposed to stop until Wednesday morning. Not surprisingly, Athena did not want to walk in the snowstorm. It was something just to get her to pee outside. I have a patch of grass I've grown in a tray in the basement for just such occasions, but she doesn't seem to understand it's for her. Maybe if I had it upstairs on the 2nd floor.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Accomplishments:
6K + steps

No comments: