Pages

November 22, 2020

11/22/2020: Definitely sinus infection

I have the worst fall allergies. My eyes stream tears every time I go outside, and every year I'm guaranteed to get at least one sinus infection. I'm sure doctors would cringe at this, but I've learned I can get rid of sinus infections by pulling the cotton end off a q-tip, covering it with triple antibiotic ointment, and VERY CAREFULLY inserting it into my sinuses. There are 2 avenues of access in each nostril - from this image I'm thinking they are the middle nasal concha and the inferior nasal concha.

All I really know is, it works. I can feel a sinus infection coming on by the pressure and congestion I can't relieve through blowing my nose or allergy medication. I apply the ointment before I go to bed, and if necessary again when I wake up. Sometimes it takes a few days, but it works. 

Because this worked again, I'm certain what I've been fighting is a sinus infection and not COVID. Because my temperature is normally in the 97 range, I consider my current 98.4 a mild fever. I still register below 98.6 though, so I'm not concerned. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Accomplishments:
12K steps
Wash laundry, sweats and towels
Dry and fold laundry

No comments: