Pages

November 25, 2020

11/25/2020: Running, financials, and trash TV

Athena apparently does not like to run first thing in the morning. Either that or we're not walking enough to get her warmed up before I start running. It's not like I'm running very far or very fast, but she lags behind such that I find myself pulling her along. She did finally pick up the pace toward the end of our walk/run, which is what makes me think she needed to warm up. Either that or she finally figured out what I was trying to do.


We walked down and around the corner to the other side of the block, then ran a block walked a block until the street dead ended. We then walked up to the next side street and repeated the run walk process until that street dead ended. We walked to the bottom of the street and around the block until we were back at the side street we'd come across on, then repeated the whole process in reverse. Overall we covered approximately 3 miles. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My financials are very much up in the air. I still haven't received confirmation my unemployment claim was accepted, even with the email yesterday saying I have benefits until December 12. I heard from my Ohio Means Jobs coach this morning, who is asking his supervisor if that email was enough to move forward on a request for an additional extension. Meanwhile I have $130 in my account, and bills hitting in less than a week. Not surprisingly, I'm not sleeping well lately...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In my attempt to escape, and because I got into the habit watching Critical Role, I'm watching far too much trash TV. I'm embarrassed to admit Keeping Up With the Kardashians is holding my interest, and I'm not even doing macrame or art of any kind. I'm literally watching and can't believe I haven't grown bored yet. I think the only redeeming factor is they eventually end up communicating. They argue and fight and insult each other, but eventually they work it out. I'm interested in that type of conflict resolution communication, especially after my experiences with Jeff. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Accomplishments:
Dishes
17K+ steps
Watch Critical Role
Balance accounts
Grocery shopping
Clean toilets

No comments: