Pages

November 7, 2020

11/7/2020: 9.6 miles walked

 Athena and I walked 9.6 miles this morning.

I was going for 9 and overshot. I've been thinking about Jeff too much lately and don't really want to see him, but I took the chance he wouldn't be out riding on a Saturday morning. Not that it matters if we're on the same road at the same time. He's not going to stop, and I'd think about him on that route regardless. I'd think about him if I chose not to take that route, because other than soggy ground he would be the reason I made that choice. At some point I'll be able to go that way and not think of him, but I'm not there yet and don't expect to be any time soon. 

He wasn't out riding anywhere we were. 

I was quite sore and tired by the time we got home, but now I know we can walk that far. Still working my way toward that half marathon distance, which based on our time today will take over 4 hours.  

I love the Halti Athena wears on our walks. I can control her with one hand when I need to, like when surprised by the dog behind the fence and bushes today. She is ever so much better behaved than she used to be, but is still reactive sometimes. It's usually when the other dog is reacting to her, either barking at us or lunging in our direction. Usually, but not always. 

We encountered a dog off leash the other day. I think it was another "my dog is fine, I can let him out without a leash" situation, happening just as we walked by. He came running at us as we approached his house - we hadn't even gotten there yet. I'm getting used to this, and stayed calm. He sniffed at my feet, and I noticed his scruff was up all the way down his back before Athena lunged. He didn't seem aggressive to me, but I believe Athena thought differently. Luckily I was between the two and was able to body block her. I don't remember if I said "ah-ah-ah" or "no." I doubt I said "Leave it" as I seem to have trouble remembering she knows that command. Regardless, he jumped back, she backed down immediately, and he trotted off to sniff at the light pole in his yard. The whole time he ignored his owner, who was calling to him and apologizing to us. He never did actually go to her, instead allowing her to herd him back around the house. Not that I have any room to judge. Athena doesn't come when I call her either. 

Beautiful autumn is beautiful!

I didn't do much after our walk this morning. Another day spent playing phone games. We were out for 3 miles this evening, making it close to half marathon distance for the day. 

I did get dishes done after we got back, and I've planned out tomorrow on the calendar. I think it was helpful when I did this earlier in the week. I really do want to learn something new every day, and it seems what I'm learning right now is that I have to plan ahead to get that in. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm working on the assumption I will be approved for the additional 3 months of extended unemployment available with Ohio's high unemployment level. There's no reason to deny the application, and since I'm enrolled in the Tech Elevator program I might have recourse through Ohio Means Jobs if they do. My coach there was planning to apply for an additional extension on my behalf anyway, to cover the 6 weeks between when the 20 weeks extended benefits would end and when the bootcamp ends. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today's accomplishments:
28K+ steps
Dishes

No comments: