Pages

November 15, 2020

11\15\2020: pit bull bans and thankfuls

I'm getting tired of the broken record in my head, repeating "move back to Jeff's house" every time I think about my pending unemployment application. I'm not going anywhere without Athena, and it occurred to me Shaker Heights might have a ban on pit bulls. If so, the voice would certainly have to shut down! Research on the topic was ... Counter-productive.

Turns out Shaker Heights DID have a ban, which was repealed in 2016. It seems the federal courts decided you can't judge an entire breed by the behavior of a few dogs. I found that tidbit while researching the laws in Stow, where my BFF lives. Stow doesn't have a ban on pit bulls specifically, but BFF says her rescue dog is "mouthy." Given Athena's history, I'm not comfortable having her live with another dog anyway. She didn't get into it with Bo right away, but they did eventually fight. That rules out both local siblings. Cleveland Heights, where my mother lives, does have a ban in place. 

I would ask Gail if I could live in her basement, but Athena would eat her cats. 

I can ask Berto if I could move in with him and his mother. It would be difficult to cover my essential expenses, plus the invariable increase on his utility bills. With him making barely over minimum wage, I cannot ask him to float utility costs for a few months. I have no other options though. It's either Berto or Jeff. At least Berto has room dividers in his basement, a side door right at the basement stairs, and washer dryer hookups he's not currently using. The ability to use my washer and dryer might be incentive for him to let me stay.  

 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thankful: pleased and relieved. Expressing gratitude and relief.

Grateful: feeling or showing an appreciation of kindness; thankful. Received or experienced with gratitude; welcome.

I decided I want to take time every day to find something I'm grateful and thankful about. Interesting that the definitions are circular, each including the other. The main difference seems to be a feeling of relief when thankful. Good to know.

Today I'm thankful and grateful for a warm puppy to snuggle with. We had high winds all day, and the power went out early in the afternoon. The temperature dropped to freezing outside, so the house was quite cold. Athena and I snuggled under a pile of blankets, keeping each other warm. I'm so glad she's a snuggle bug! 

 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today's accomplishments:
11K+ steps

No comments: