Pages

November 20, 2020

11/20/2020: completing the bootcamp

I watched the bootcamp videos today, and they were all of 5 or 10 minutes each. They also covered content I already knew, so I watched them on 1.5x speed. 

Tech Elevator wanted everyone to complete a strengths assessment. This turned out to mean rating myself between two statements, choosing the one closest to how I see myself. Combined with the Pymetrics results, I end up with the following:

Restorative: I love to solve problems. I enjoy the challenge of analyzing symptoms, identifying what is wrong, and finding the solution.

Developer: I see the potential in others, believing each individual is a work in progress. 

Consistency: I find balance important. I believe people function best in a consistent environment, where the rules are clear and applied equally and expectations are clear. 

Harmony: I look for areas of agreement, try to find common ground, and prefer to talk about matters on which everyone can agree. 

Input: I am inquisitive and find many things interesting, collecting and archiving information. 

Emotion: I interpret emotion based on the surrounding context, learning best when analyzing things in depth with a detail-oriented approach. 

Numerical Agility: I take a careful, measured, and deliberate approach to solving numerical and logical problems. I prefer taking time to reach the best solution, considering all sources of information before deciding how to solve problems. I'm happiest with the opportunity to reflect and plan. 

Effort: I approach work selectively, focusing on high reward for time invested and outcomes over amount of effort. I am most comfortable in non-competitive environments that support individual learning.

Attention: I prefer too complete tasks in a methodical, thorough, and restrained manner. I prefer to avoid making mistakes, focusing on accuracy over speed. One of the downsides of this is a tendency to over-invest in accuracy and thoroughness when completion is more important. I learn best in a linear, logical, structured fashion, using a step-by-step approach and ingesting small bites of information at a time in a non-pressurized environment. 

Fairness: I prefer to see the best in others. I prefer and find it easy to work in teams, and I tend to accept how work and resources are delegated. I value positive collaboration and learn best in a non-competitive environment with mutual respect and trust.  

Risk Tolerance: I prefer to carefully test options, and tend to choose the safest method to achieve an objective. I don't like to make mistakes, and am adverse to negative outcomes.

Generosity: I trust the good intentions of others, and can easily balance my interest with others' needs.

Learning: I approach situations and tasks in familiar ways, as opposed to experimenting with new methods. I prefer to consider options before changing my approach, and learn better in a non-pressurized, stable learning environment with well-defined processes.

Decision Making: I prefer to reflect before making decisions, and try to thinks things through before reacting to a situation. I learn best in non-pressurized environments, using clear and thorough learning plans.

Focus: I'm conflicted in this category. My preference is to apply a focused and consistent approach to work, fully concentrating on and learning one thing at a time in a stable environment without distractions. The flip side is that of a quick thinker who tends to handle changes in the environment with ease. I don't feel this is accurate, though I do tend to work on multiple tasks at once. I don't believe I adapt to changing circumstances with efficiency. In short, I don't believe focus is a strength. 

Quantitative Reasoning: I tend to solve numerical and logical problems with precision, and prefer environments where accuracy and mastering the intricacies behind the material are rewarded.

  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Accomplishments:
18K steps
Complete bootcamp prework

No comments: