Pages

November 5, 2020

11/5/2020: Desperation breeds insanity

Financial matters and unemployment are definitely part of the binging I mentioned yesterday. My unemployment benefit year ended October 24, meaning I had to reapply. That application renewal has not yet been approved, though since I have not exhausted the entirety of Ohio's extended benefits (based on the current high level of unemployment) it very likely will be. The most recent correspondence I received indicated it usually takes about 3 weeks for approval. It's only been a week, but I'm already thinking worst case scenario. 

Without incoming funds, I'll be overdrawn by the end of the month. I have enough food to get Athena and myself through December, and can stay here that long by forfeiting my security deposit. I'd have to default on my other bills though, which I'd rather not do. That would be disappointing, as my credit rating is finally back in the Good range after the mess I made when I was gambling. 

I don't know if I'll still be eligible for the Tech Elevator bootcamp if I'm no longer eligible for unemployment. I'd like to think, since I'm already accepted and have the information for the Income Share Agreement, that I would be able to proceed. Considering my experience thus far in interviewing, I'm extremely hopeful I will be able to proceed. I need the experience to prove to both myself and hiring managers I am a capable developer. 

I could probably move in with my mother, though I'm not sure how Bo and Athena would get along long term. They've already been in one altercation, where Athena bit Bo. I'm not sure how my mental state would survive living with my mother again, either. It's not that she's a difficult person. I know she cares about me, and I do care about her. That doesn't mean we have the easiest of relationships. I've never felt close to her. I'm not sure anyone is allowed to get close to her. Additionally, we're both accustomed to living on our own and I know how I felt when my boys came back after I'd been on my own. Let's just say it's almost certainly an option, but not optimal. 

Now comes the insanity. Other than living in my car, the only other possibility I can think of is moving back into Jeff's house. This would of course be contingent on his agreement, which would not be likely under the best of circumstances. This is not the best of circumstances. I would have to go begging, asking him to let me live there rent free for 6 months, with the promise to pay that rent back once I'm working. He did say I was a good tenant, and if nothing else he knows I pay my debts. 

He might consider this, for two reasons: 

  1. It would allow him to feel generous and powerful, helping me in a time of need.
  2. It would provide him under the table income on the house, which I know is a financial burden to him. I know how he feels about financial burdens. His sense of security is tied up in his financial standing. The extra $$ would come in handy too, as he's trying to fix the house up so he can sell it.
I envision Athena and I living upstairs, with Jeff and I rarely if ever seeing each other. Or rather, me rarely seeing him. He would almost certainly see or hear the majority of my comings and goings, especially if his office is still in the front room. 

This scenario would definitely affect my mental health. I tell myself I don't want to get back together with him, but my inner dialog has different ideas. So much of who I was and how I saw myself is tied up in being part of that relationship. I certainly don't believe he'll ever want to get back together with me. I've come to believe the organization he relies on to save him is in fact akin to a cult, too. Since he seems to want his mate to be part of that organization (while not in fact NEEDING it the way he does), this is a deal breaker. There are other deal breakers, listed in a different post and many, many OneNote pages. 

It would never happen, and if it did, it would never work. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I didn't learn anything new for Tech Elevator today, instead choosing to complete as many of the admin tasks as possible. This included revamping my LinkedIn page and clearing out my Google Drive. I hadn't realized that particular drive contained a backup of all my photos. I do try to keep backups of important documents and photos in 3 places: on my computer, on an external hard drive, and online. Since I choose to use this Google Drive for Tech Elevator, I will create a new Google email specific to backups - something I should have done in the first place. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today's accomplishments:
17K+ steps
Dust Office, Exercise Room, Bedroom
Start transferring photos to new online backup

No comments: