Pages

December 31, 2020

12/31/2020:

Athena and I visited Mom today, to pick up Christmas presents. I'm more and more convinced Athena is an alpha. I tried to keep my eye on her the whole time we were there, but she still peed on Bo's bed in the kitchen and may have peed on the upstairs landing. She wanted to play with Bo today, but he's obviously afraid of her. He hid upstairs for most of the visit. 

Mom and I talked about all sorts of things. It's disconcerting the way she decides we've talked about me enough and abruptly changes the subject to something she's doing. I get the distinct impression she really doesn't want to talk about what I'm doing. Not that I need to focus the conversation on myself, but I like to at least feel part of the conversation. She gave me an awesome pair of purple Converse slippers, though.
 

Joyce sent jam. I guess it's all natural or something. Interesting flavor combinations, but I don't know when I'll use it. I've got a large jar of strawberry that's been in cupboard for at least 6 months, and apricot that's been in the fridge even longer. I did buy flour tortillas and peanut butter last time I was at the store, so maybe I will make sandwiches. 


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've been avoiding schoolwork for the last 2 weeks. I finally logged on today to make sure my unit test homework was complete, and found out there is an Assessment module too. I had the impression everything he gave us over the break was for review, but now I'm not so sure.  

I ran the unit tests through the IDE's code coverage tool, updating them to complete coverage, but didn't come back after walking with Athena to get started on the Assessment. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ 

Stephan's check finally arrived today, so I pinged Jackie and wrote him to let him know. I'm not cashing it until I hear from him it's ok, because Jackie said he'd been trying to stop payment on it. I'm glad I was able to tell him I won't need to move into Jeff's house. He mentioned in his letter it was a bad idea, which is what I'd told him when I brought it up in the first place. I'm less and less inclined to even speak with Jeff these days, so not being dependent on him is a very good thing. 

The prize from the Happy Hour Trivia Contest also arrived today. 


I figure it will last about 2 seconds with Athena, and there's really no other use for it. It did make me smile when I opened it though. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One of the students posted a link to Plex TV, which gives me even more content to watch. It looks like a mix between YoutTube and Twitch TV, streaming old movies along with personal content. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm not walking much these days. I can't avoid it entirely because Athena needs to walk, but the cold and grey and snow covered sidewalks are getting me down, I'm still eating all the things, too. I weighed myself and have gained back 5 lbs. Not surprising when my cupboard is full of cookies and crackers and crap. I also baked a cake today, with only myself to eat it. I need to start halving recipes like that. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Accomplishments:
Vacuum 1st floor
2K+ steps
Stretch
Wash car blanket
Watch Jeff Dunham comedy shows

No comments: