Pages

December 9, 2020

12/9/2020:

I woke up to the sunrise alarm this morning. It's so much easier to get out of bed this way. Instead of snoozing and sleeping in, I got up, did dishes, and filled my pill containers before walking Athena. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We're learning about Lists and ArrayLists in bootcamp today. I'm still in the "I already know this" stage, where I'm able to do the homework during the lecture. There weren't as many homework problems this time, so I was able to push my code before the lecture ended. 

I wanted to attend the "Busting through the Bootcamp Blues" session, but they pushed the meeting forward an hour and a half. Our schedules are posted on a Google calendar, which I copied over to my personal calendar so I would receive notifications. I didn't find out the session had moved until I tried to log on and no one else logged on with me.

A lot of the class regularly meet in Sococo (our virtual schoolhouse) to do the homework. Because I'm doing the work during the lectures, I'm not participating in those sessions. I am still trying to stay social and active in Slack, and have actually showed a bit of my personality I'd forgotten about. Using <> to describe what I'm doing, like <standing on desktop dancing>. One of my classmates mentioned he plays D&D. I pounced on that, which resulted in at least one LOL and I found out about the D&D Adventurers League site where I might find another group to play with. Another classmate posted a video about programs that resulted in reverse diversity, to which I responded with my thoughts. That resulted in a bit of an intellectual conversation, which I enjoyed.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------  

Because I finished the homework before the end of the lecture, and then missed the session I wanted to attend, I had lots of time and fell down the rabbit hole of catching up with the news. I wasn't happy to hear about the newest stimulus bill from the white house. I'm not sure if it doesn't include any unemployment benefits, or if it extends the Pandemic Unemployment Assistance without the additional $300. It does look like Congress will pass SOMETHING before they leave Washington on the 18th. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------  

The access code to my IRS online account arrived, so I was able to see the documentation they have that caused them to audit / recalculate my 2018 taxes. I wasn't able to run down a copy of the 1099-R for the MyRA account. The site only has a printout of what that 1099 contains, with partial name, address, and Federal ID number. I was able to confirm it came from Comerica based on the partial name and address provided. The ID number doesn't match anything I could find, but I assume they had a different ID for the MyRA program.

Kevin from Protection Plus (the company handling this audit) emailed me today too, asking for all my medical bills and payments for 2018. My Rockwell HSA account is closed, but I was still able to pull statements from the site. I forwarded them with the IRS printout, which seems to work for him. They have everything they need now, except the Jack W2 / win-loss statement, which should arrive in the mail within the next week or so.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------  

I balanced my accounts, and found another charge pending from Blizzard. I was not happy but willing to eat the first subscription renewal because I obviously didn't cancel when I thought I had. This time I knew I'd cancelled, so opened a ticket asking for a refund. The ticket process actually says they don't refund subscriptions if you "forgot" to cancel, but I received a response by the end of the day saying they had refunded it, and by the way I could request my unused game play from my last subscription if I start playing again. I haven't logged on since July though, which may have made the difference. 

I have to keep an eye on my account, to see if the pending charge goes away. It was dated Monday, where the first charge was dated Thursday of last week. It's possible this is a ghost pending charge related to the first one. The ticket response sounded like they were refunding the initial subscription renewal charge, so I definitely don't want to eat the second. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------  

I reached out to Craig asking how he's feeling. He said his test came back negative and he's feeling much better. It sounds like he had the flu. Nausea? Chest congestion? I hope the test result wasn't a false negative, though I assume he'll figure that out when everyone around him starts getting sick. He's in an apartment with five other people, so that is entirely possible. <fingers crossed>

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Accomplishments:
11K+ steps
Dishes
Fill pill containers
Balance accounts
Write elevator pitch
Ran with Athena
Caught up with The Voice

No comments: