Pages

December 2, 2020

12/2/2020:

I decided I don't like the basement for the bootcamp. It's dark, cold, and uncomfortable. I'd hoped to sit with Athena right next to me on the bed down there, which worked when I actually sat on the bed. Unfortunately, she thinks that means I'm available to play in the afternoon. I was amused at how we looked on the Zoom meeting, but embarrassed when I realized I'd left my mic on while she was yelling at me to come play. 


I moved the laptop upstairs to the office and connected it to my desktop with Synergy, then posted the pic with a link on the bootcamp Slack. At least one person was already familiar. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The lady helping connect us with financial aid programs suggested I contact legal aid about my unemployment claim, and sent me a link to apply for help with rent and utilities. I of course didn't see it until the end of the day so will have to take care of that tomorrow. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was able to get my COVID test done. It will be 3-4 days before I get results. Meanwhile, I'm becoming more and more convinced this is a sinus infection or a cold. I'm feeling much better, though still congested. It's a one sudafed per day congestion though, instead of the two per day I was taking over the weekend. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mom called today because her Excel wasn't working. I must be feeling better because I didn't want to let it go to voicemail, so answered just to tell her I couldn't talk because bootcamp. I asked her to send me an email explaining what was wrong and said I'd look at it after class. By the time I went to look she'd left me voicemail saying it was working again. She still wanted to talk but I was up until 11pm getting caught up with outlining the reading assignments. 

Jen and Brian both reached out today as well, which was nice. Jen was avoiding writing an exam, and Brian was of course interested in the COVID test. He's feeling 100%, which makes me even more certain what I have is a cold, not the plague.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The snow finally stopped overnight. Most people had their driveways plowed or cleared. No one has the sidewalk cleared. It's just too much snow. I had Athena out on a lead again while I shoveled the front walk and cleared the driveway apron of the snow kicked up by the street plow. I had to come back out in the evening to shovel that again, as the plows obviously came by after I'd cleared the first load. We spent about 2 hours outside. I decided I wanted to clear the thick patch of compacted snow in the middle of the back driveway section. My car got squirrely when I hit it, and I wanted the exercise. I was exhausted by the time I was done, but I did manage to clear the entire driveway. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Accomplishments:
5K + steps
Wash towels and sweats

No comments: