Pages

December 21, 2020

12/21/2020:

Unemployment finally processed my claim. There is currently a benefit payment in my Correspondence Inbox, that I am unable to open. I'm hopeful it's for the $3K remaining on my extended benefits. There is also a determination of benefits, which disallows my claim as of the end of the benefit year. I'm a little concerned that means there's only one week in the payment, but I won't be able to see that until tomorrow.  

I don't know what all this means for the stimulus bill Congress is voting on today, which includes more extended unemployment benefits + $300 a week. I believe I'll still be eligible, given the news I've read about previous stimulus during previous recessions. Those extended benefits lasted 18 to 72 months. These new extended benefits are supposed to last until mid-March, which is pretty much exactly when the bootcamp ends. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I spent the day watching the Mentalist and eating everything in sight. I'm very stressed about my financials. I no longer think I'll have to move in with Jeff, but I don't know how I'm going to make it through until I graduate bootcamp. I have some hope Michelle Rose can find some financial help. I really don't expect CHN Housing to respond to my application, though I believe they'll have more funds available with the bill Congress passed yesterday. There's no telling when those funds will actually become available though. There's no telling when unemployment will get their system updated. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Accomplishments:
10K+ Steps
Bake oatmeal bread
Watch The Mentalist
Wash sheets
Dry whites
Fold clothes

No comments: