Pages

December 13, 2020

12/13/2020:

 

Athena and I took that long walk this morning. Luckily it was only misting when we left the house. It snowed for almost an hour while we were out. You can barely see it in the picture, but it looked like the inside of a snow globe. It was dripping off my hair into my face, and my shirt was damp underneath my jacket by the time we got home. 

Athena is so much better about cats these days, enough so we can use the back door again, which is a good thing considering cream-colored living room carpet and the amount of mud she gets on her feet and legs these days. We come in the back door, I take my shoes off, and we head straight down to the basement shower. I've given her a full shower downstairs in the past, so she doesn't yet understand I'm just cleaning her legs and feet. She's so happy when I let her out without a full dousing! She jumps and dances around, and I chase her with the towel. I shouldn't chase her, but I love to see her so smiling and happy. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I set up the ipad to have Kanbanflow up and easily accessible. I really want to get a Chromepad, but I don't have the funds and won't most likely until I'm working again. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My completed elevator pitch:

Not the best lighting. The microphone on my school laptop didn't work in the camera app for some reason. I did a bit of troubleshooting but didn't want to be up all night with this, so just used the laptop I keep in the living room. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Turns out I didn't get the full gingerbread house effect until tonight:


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I completed my homework on Encapsulation, and now understand the quiz questions I got wrong yesterday. I will know from now on to complete the homework before attempting the quiz. I'm still a little fuzzy on why we need to encapsulate attributes that are only used internally. If they're private, they can't be accessed from outside the Class anyway, right? I've seen posts both for and against doing this, but I have to follow what my instructor wants. 

I didn't get the chapter for tomorrow outlined, and I won't before going to bed tonight. Extra work for tomorrow, getting caught up, but it is what it is. I'm already tired, and without a schedule or alarm over the past year I've learned I need at least 9 hours in bed to get enough sleep. Some days I actually sleep 9 to 10 hours, depending on activity level and the amount of sleep I've been getting. I used to only give myself 6 or 7 hours to sleep, which would explain why I was always tired and probably contributed to my failures.  

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Accomplishments:
22K+ Steps
Water plants


No comments: