Pages

December 3, 2020

12/3/2020:

I finally got through to the unemployment office today, after a 40 minute wait. There's a note in my file to transfer the extended benefits to my new claim, but that hasn't been done yet. The lady said she put another note in my file indicating it's been 5 weeks, and also sent a message to processing to let them know as well. That's all she could do, but at least it's on record how long I've waited. She apologized and mentioned how backed up they are, but my car payment and rent are late. I almost broke down crying telling her about it. This is very stressful! 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A quick Google search indicates Jack Entertainment corporate offices are actually downtown. I tried calling, but no one answered. I found another phone number and actually got someone who seems to have listened. He said if he couldn't help he would put his supervisor to work. Lo and behold, I'm connected with someone who seems to know how to get me what I need. She indicated I should receive everything in the mail - preferably before December 9th. I didn't tell them about the extension request filed on my behalf.

I'm still waiting for the verification code to arrive by US Mail for the IRS website. Why is the government so difficult and out of date? How is it they couldn't verify my cell phone? So frustrating!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm trying to be social in the bootcamp Slack, but am not sure I'm coming across well. Someone was complaining about GIT, saying their OS/Cloud integration was better because it auto-synced. I tried to jokingly explain why they would appreciate GIT, assuring them they would get it. Pretty sure they weren't appreciative. They did respond they only hated it because they didn't get it yet. 

I'm trying to find a balance between keeping my mouth shut and actively participating. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I filed the application for rent and utility bill assistance through the link sent by the woman working with Tech Elevator. If I qualify (which even with unemployment I believe I will) they offer to pay 3 months of rent directly to the landlord, plus help with electric and gas bills. I'm not certain how much they help with utilities, but that would certainly be helpful. My electric bill is now $105. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Because high electric bill, I may have to kill the grass pad I have in the basement as a "litter box" for Athena. It's not like she's using it. I discovered this morning she peed in the exercise room overnight. We were outside for at least 2 hours last night, from 5-7pm, so she had plenty of time to pee outside. She seems to believe she's not allowed to pee in the yard though. This is the 2nd time she's peed in the house, both after spending hours in the back yard. Last night the time was split between front and back yard. She peed in the driveway yesterday morning, so I thought it wouldn't be an issue. I was wrong. 

I might see if there's somewhere I can put the pad upstairs. Not as convenient for watering, but I wouldn't have to use electricity for it to get sunlight, and upstairs appears to be where she prefers to go if she's going in the house. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The internet went out for several hours today, prompting me to actually do some of the chores I've been meaning to do for a week now. I'm reminded of Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs:


With my current financial situation, I'm mostly focused on Physiological needs. Anything beyond basic housework like dishes and laundry belong in either the Esteem or Self-Actualization tiers as far as I'm concerned.
 
I'm guessing the Love and Belonging tier is what prompted me to call my mother back today after class. I wasn't happy to hear myself grousing about my financial troubles, but as I said it's where my focus is centered these days. 

I also wasn't happy to hear myself use the word grouse, since I picked that up from Jeff. It's funny what reminds me of him. I still think about him daily, but I can say the length of time between these thoughts is growing. I also know part of me still wants to be with him, because I was happy in my ignorance there. I am well aware he is not the person I believed he was, that his love was based on what he got from me while mine was based on what I admired about him. Not good enough. Part of me wants him to try, so I can tell him that. I assume that's a tit for tat, he rejected me so I want to reject him sort of thing. 

I still don't know why he is tied to my financial worries, but obviously he is. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Athena and I did finally get out for a long walk tonight - the first one this week. It was a bit disconcerting to walk in the street and have people whiz by. Not everyone did that though. Several people waited for us to get to a driveway, where we stepped off the road. Some people at least slowed down. 


The Christmas lights were very pretty, especially with the snow. There is one house lit along every line. It looks like a gingerbread house. I wanted to take a picture of that but as I got closer the lights started flashing. Maybe next time. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Accomplishments
13K+ steps
Dishes
Vacuum 2nd floor
Vacuum living room
Pin living room rugs
Rewash towels and sweats

No comments: