Pages

December 18, 2020

12/18/2020

I called unemployment this afternoon and spoke to a woman who seemed to agree that 7 weeks is too long to wait for my claim to be procesesd. She said she put me on an escalation sheet with her supervisor, which is according to her the best place I can be. I asked, and she said they will be processing claims through Thursday next week, so hopefully this means they will now get to mine. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today was a review day in class. We are off for the next two weeks for the holidays, so the instructor gave us a few sites we can use to find practice problems, and he gave us the deck of cards problem to work on over the break. I also plan to work on my Random Character Generator, because I want to have that finished in my GitHub account by the end of bootcamp, along with the java projects. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ 

Amy discovered a few weeks ago, while randomly reviewing medical test results, she's apparently had a heart attack at some point. She has a cardiologist appointment scheduled for Monday, but it was in my head as Wednesday so I pinged her to ask about it. I'll have to remember to ask again Monday night or Tuesday.

Pinging her resulted in a conversation about how the dogs like the weather. Athena is so funny in the snow, dipping her nose down in it and plowing along an entire yard's length that way. Apparently Gunner just doesn't want to come in the house, he's enjoying it so much. He's a shepherd with a thick coat, so that's no surprising. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ 

I kind of blew off the rest of the day, after class. At some point Athena started feeling under the weather. I didn't even notice when she snuck under the desk, but she was obviously low energy and sad by the time I resurfaced from catching up on the news. She was shaking when I finally convinced her to come out. I'm concerned her leg is giving her arthritis pain. I assume that's a surgery scar down the whole inside of the thigh, but I don't know what happened to necessitate the surgery. We went for a relatively short walk, barely making 10K steps.


We haven't walked this way in a while. We would have walked a bit longer yet, but we encountered another dog out on a walk, and he was another barker. Athena was better behaved than he was!

I spent the rest of the evening on the couch so she could snuggle. She's eating just fine so I'm not worried she's ill, but she's not her happy little self. 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Accomplishments:
10K+ Steps

No comments: