Pages

January 15, 2021

01/15/2021:

I helped John with our SQL homework today. He's much more proficient in SQL, most likely because he's accustommed to using Excel, so used to thinking in columns and rows. I'm enjoying my time with him, and starting to feel like maybe I have a new friend. We'll see what happens when the cohort is over.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After hearing from CHN, I must have decided I have money to burn, because I spent $70+ on Cheesecake Factory delivery tonight. 

I got the Shepherd's Pie, which prompted me to look for a Shepherd's Pie recipe. I got the brownie sunday, which prompted me to look for a brownie recipe. I also got a philly cheesesteak sandwhich, which did not prompt me to look up any recipes. I don't really have the money to burn like this, but at least it will feed me for several days. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Peg pinged me today, asking how I'm doing, which was nice. She's been training for End of Life Doula, in addition to her Physical Therapy. I think her mother's death really REALLY affected her, and I know she's got her father's health on her mind as well. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I moved from Google's shopping list to AnyDo, because it works with Google iHome. This means I can create a new list on the fly. I've started saving things to Done with dates as I complete them, and to Thoughts with dates when I think of things as I'm going to sleep. It doesn't sync immediately, which made me think it wouldn't work for me, but it does sync eventually and so far the lag has not been a problem. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Athena and I saw a herd of deer on our walk tonight. 


We stood and watched them for several minutes, while I tried to get a good photo. I'm struggling with some option on my phone where it looks like it will take a photo, but instead starts taking multiple shots in a video format. 

Athena was very good. She was very interested, but didn't try to lunge or go after them. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Accomplishments:
10K+ Steps
Dishes
Wash kitchen rug
Fold laundry
Put laundry away
Balance accounts
Catch up on news


No comments: