Pages

January 12, 2021

01/12/2021:

Demo'd the Vending Machine Simulator capstone today. I had my partner walk through the menus, then I showed the actual code. We were farther along than the other teams, but at least one team had logging working where we hadn't gotten that far. My partner fat fingered one of the menu options, which showed us we still had a bug where the display showed internal workings (-1 is not a menu option, which was not what she entered) so I got the chance to mention how we were using Trello for bug tracking. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Athena's Bark Box came today, so I pinged Julie. It's a few days early, which is interesting considering how slow the mail has been lately. Julie has been fostering a dog for several months, and finally found a home for her, so she was excited / sad about that. 

She suggested I come out to visit for Easter in April, once the bootcamp is over. I've mixed feelings about this for a few reasons. 

First, I'm not sure what to do about Athena. I don't want to put her in a kennel, especially considering how she feels about other dogs. I certainly don't want her caged for a week while I'm gone. I don't know anyone who could take her because everyone who could already has a dog and I'm certain they would fight at some point. I can't ask Craig to watch her because he wouldn't want to stay here, and I don't want her alone for an entire week. I like the idea of driving down with her, but have to assume at least one of Julie's dogs will get bitten while we're there, and her dogs are much smaller than Athena. I'm considering buying a muzzle.

Second, I'm concerned about asking for time off before I even start working. Theoretically I could tell them ahead of time, but I don't think it makes such a good impression. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Accomplishments:
12K+ Steps
Fold laundry
Wash laundry


No comments: