Pages

October 23, 2020

10/23/2020: Researching unemployment; updating last wishes

 TIL: my unemployment ends 1/26/21

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I did the math to figure out when my unemployment ends, so I can figure out how to manage until I complete the Tech Elevator boot camp. They've pushed the start date of the boot camp back until the end of November, which means I won't complete it until mid March. Then I have to find a job, which hopefully will not take long using Tech Elevator resources and with my newly acquired knowledge and certificate. 

Because I cashed in my 401K last year, I don't qualify for a stimulus check, but it does look like the next pandemic stimulus package will include unemployment benefits. I might be able to save enough from that to get by. Otherwise, and until they pass something, I need to figure something else out.

  • I purged everything when I moved out of Jeff's, so have nothing left to sell. Even my computers are old and outdated. 
  • At my sister's advice, I tried several survey and game test sites. I made maybe $50 and now receive ~20 scam phone calls and texts per day.
  • I've looked at sites like Upwork in the past, but similar to survey and game test sites one makes literally pennies per hour. Better than nothing, but not anywhere near what I need. 
  • I may try something like UberEats or Postmates. Wear and tear on my car + gas is not ideal, but neither is starving. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While looking for my passport, which I needed for my OMJ grant application, I found my latest "last will and testament". This is not an official document, but it is what I want done. I'd updated it late last year, but for some reason still had Jeff on the envelope. I went through and updated it again today. Not much has changed, other than where I store my passwords and financial information. Still, it's good to review periodically. I now have a written goal to fund not only my cremation, but also several adventures for the boys to experience while dispersing my ashes. All things I'd like to do while alive, so the list may change over time. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today's accomplishments:
16K+ steps
Pick up presecriptions
Watch Critical Role


No comments: