Pages

January 3, 2012

whooped

From this...
To this.
Plus random paint touch-ups, a sidewalk and half of a driveway shoveled, and the 2nd floor wood floors steam cleaned.


7 hours.


One tired puppy.

I almost skipped running, choosing to walk a mile or three instead. In the end I decided the deal was to run, so run I would. I stopped at the Y as originally planned, walked a quarter mile, ran a mile at 5 mph, then walked another quarter mile. Then I stretched, though I could probably do with some more stretching in the lower back region.

I spoke to a headhunter today. Unfortunately, the job he wanted to talk to me about is in Akron - about an hour drive on a good day with no traffic or snow or anything. I told him it would be difficult to come up with enough salary to cover travel costs. He did say he would send my info over to the Cleveland office, so hopefully something will come of that.

I also applied for a Jr. Reporting Analyst position, which matches some of my skill set. I don't fulfill all the requirements, but I figured it was worth a shot.

I ate well, and still have a ton of calories available, which I will not use. I counted all the work at my Mom's at 100 calories per hour, which seemed more than reasonable. I'm going back and forth about including fruit in the "50% of calories consumed are vegetables" goal. I start the day with just over 50% of my daily calorie allotment figured from vegetables. Today, I had a Clif bar before my run, which was at 7pm and prior to dinner because I wouldn't have run if I'd gone home to have dinner first. I was not able to balance those 250 calories with an equal amount in vegetables, though I had the budget to do so. Instead I ate 2 large Boca burgers with my spaghetti squash dinner, then several cups of blackberries for desert.

I've decided I'm not going to beat myself up about it. Today was a good, healthy day. 'Nuf said.

I haven't gotten anything done on MY house today, unless you include the plastic containers I bought for my yearly financial files purge and 7-year storage. I haven't actually done the purge yet. Just planned it and purchased the boxes so I can organize a little better. Xmas items 75% off at Wal-Mart = super cheap plastic containers and another 3 rolls of wrapping paper. Can't beat wrapping paper at $.60 roll.

Maybe I'll vacuum my bedroom before I collapse in bed. Maybe.


1 comment:

Rose @ Eat, Drink, and Be Meiri said...

Have you ever refinished a hardwood floor before? Where/how did you learn? This is something we're going to do at some point, which is exciting and scary.