Pages

January 10, 2012

fatigued...or... well exercised!



This was today's project. Remove the paneling and adhesive from the wall over the sink and behind the microwave (already removed). I was surprised that my hands and arms were still feeling last week's endeavors. I also got a little distracted. You see the lower cabinet to the far right? After a conversation with Energizer Bunny, I started taking the paint of that cabinet. We are going to refinish all the cabinets, and it appears the heat gun will be the quickest and easiest way to remove the paint on them now. Of course, this will mean about 2 more weeks of work for me. It really does need to be done though.

I did get the wall cleaned up, including a good look at why the tile was put on in the first place. Sorry I forgot to take pictures. Blogger fail, I know. Not eating anything all day may have had something to do with that, though I certainly had enough pizza to carry me through today and tomorrow as well. Mostly I wasn't hungry, and when I was I didn't have a microwave to heat up what I'd brought to eat. Instead I had some tea and the hunger passed, which means I must not have really been hungry in the first place, right?

I was hungry by the time I got home, though. I made a huge bowl of veggies with the protien and vegetable concoction meant for this week's meals. There was no way I was going to run immediately after eating that, so I sat down and got my studying and resume out of the way.

Today is brought to you by the WHERE command. This is another qualifier for the SELECT command, but it doesn't connect to SELECT in the same way yesterday's DISTINCT does. WHERE is another line in the question "what are you looking for?" You would use it in a contacts database to retrieve only the records from a specific city (city = 'Cleveland'). I also learned that text criteria such as 'Cleveland' are entered with single quotation marks. Numbers, such as zip codes, are not.

After digesting that little tidbit, I started searching for a resume to submit. I'm actually a little hopeful and excited about the Systems Analyst position I applied for at Metro Health. It's an entry level position, meaning they will be willing to teach me what they want me to do.

Once dinner had settled (read: several hours later) I hopped on the treadmill for my run. I was tired, so only wanted to do 1 mile. My calendar said 3, but that is a purely arbitrary number based on nothing at all, including my physical health at the moment (thought I was better, but now my sinues are acting up again). I split the difference and ran 2.

I'm not doing so well with the housekeeping goal the past few days. I still haven't vacuumed the basement, even though I did move the vacuum down there. Maybe if I get to bed before 2am, I won't be so tired tomorrow and I'll get it done.

5 positive things about today:

1. We have had several warm, sunny days in a row. I'm liking winter this way!

2. In line with the warm, sunny days, the sunsets have been fabulous out my mother's back window.

3. I got to chat with both Aunt Gertie and Energizer Bunny today. I like it when I chat with my sisters.

4. One of the people I worked with in my last job touched base with me on Linkedin, which resulted in
    a recommendation and I'm using her as a reference with the resume I submitted today. Funny that I
    found my Dad on Linkedin, listed as manager of my mother's sewing and alterations shop. That
    made me smile.

5. Energizer Bunny, Superman, and possibly my mother will be getting together soon to go through
    and scan in a bit of our family history. My mother inherited photo albums from my father's mother.
    They chronical my grandparent's courtship and my father's youth. I can't wait to go through it all!

No comments: