Pages

February 7, 2011

Slowest 3 miles EVAR

Saturday I had a 3-miler on the books. Since I am not EMZ, and I do not do well on the treadmill, I decided to run at our local park. This park is a 2.5 mile stretch, uphill. Some areas are of course more steep than others, and the really steep part starts at about 1.5 miles in, which was perfect for me.
Superman ran ahead and did 4 miles to my 3
This is what the path looked like Saturday. Icey, but flat and runnable.
Saturday's run went well. The ground was icey, but runnable. I walked up two steep sections, but ran the rest of the way comfortably. I am focusing on distance, so didn't even measure my pace.

This is what it looked like today.
This morning's run, not so much. The path was not plowed, and there several inches of snow and slush covering the ice beneath. I know this is nothing to you guys in Canadia, but it was similar to running in sand for me. My legs were still tired from Saturday's run, and a portion of my energy went sliding out behind me with each footstep. I planned on spending the same amount of time this morning as I had Saturday. I even scheduled in an extra half hour to get ready for my swim class. I arrived at my swim class late.

The good news is, I did not stop. At all. 3 miles. A first, this time round. Add in swim class, line dancing, and over 2 hours of mudding at my parent's house. My legs are tired.

Sidewalks around here are not even as cleared as the park trail was, and I can't justify the drive for 2 miles. I need something to break the monotony on the treadmill, so tomorrow, 2 miles of quarter mile sprints.

2 comments:

Teamarcia said...

Nice job getting it done! Enjoy those sprints too.

Emz said...

YAY for 3 miles.

AND no stopping --- awesome.

can the word "monotony" and "treadmill" really occur in the same sentence?! ;)