Pages

February 18, 2011

*Sigh*

Monkey Boy goes back to Germany tomorrow, to do this. I'm cheating because somehow, in all the actual visiting and spending time with him, I never managed to get a picture. We said our goodbyes tonight and I miss him already. Next leave, he says we're all going on a cruise together. 8-) That's my boy!
Tomorrow, this is what I'll be doing (after my 4-mile run, and before writing the first of 2 papers due Monday). I'm scheduled for my first ever deep tissue massage. I considered canceling after all the bathroom drama bit into my checkbook, but decided I need it now more than ever. Normally I like a lot of pressure in a massage. I've been working myself pretty darn hard lately though, and I'm a little concerned this will bruise already overworked muscles. I guess I'll just have to go with the flow, and let him know if anything doesn't feel right.

Speaking of bathroom drama, there is yet more.
See the water damage on the floor by the tub? That's the subfloor, and there is similar damage near the toilet. I'm hoping I don't have to do MAJOR construction here. I'm also hoping I don't have to remove the tub. I already have a hole to the outside brick, near the window. I've officially taken all the ceramic and metal tile off, the sink out, and am ready to start working on getting the adhesive off. If I can do this well enough, all over, I may not have to replace walls <crossing fingers, toes, and eyeballs>.

The good news is, I think that's all the surprises. I'll know by the end of the weekend if the floor will stand, and if the tub will stay. I have to have the plumbing exposed before the plumber comes back Monday evening. I'm supposed to have some help Sunday, so we'll see how much progress the weekend will bring.

1 comment:

Rose @ Eat, Drink, and Be Meiri said...

I hope your bathroom has no more surprises. =(

My folks weren't Catholic. Most of my brothers are half brothers. My mom had three sons and my dad had two before they met.

I grew up with all of them, though, so they didn't feel like half siblings.