December 20, 2011

Whew! What a day!

This is me after today's speed work. 5 x 800's @ 6 mph. That's 5 half miles at 10-minute-mile pace, each separated with a quarter mile walk. I love doing workouts I didn't think I was capable of. I wasn't even sure I could run a half mile at that pace, not to mention run it 5 times. Guess I'm going to have to bump my quarter mile interval pace to somewhere in the 9's...

After my run I went to my Mom's. 8 hours later, I did not complete everything I set out to do there. I vastly underestimated what had to be done and how long it would take.

First I moved all the furniture out and away from the walls, then covered everything for painting purposes.

Next, I had to repair a few spots in the ceiling that pulled down when I textured. Most of that went ok, but there is one spot I am very not happy with. I'm also not sure how to fix it at this point, so I think it's just going to have to be a hot mess.

Once the ceilings were patched, I started wiping all the dust off the walls and baseboards. This part in particular I underestimated. It took a lot more time and energy than I expected.

When all the dust was gone I could finally start priming. Because we removed wallpaper and could not get all the paste off the walls, I primed all of the closet and most of the dressing room, including ceilings. By this time I'd been working for 5 hours already, and still had the entire main room to deal with. In the end I decided to only prime the ceiling and whatever wall bits I had extra paint for. I went through almost 3 gallons of primer, and will probably pick up more tomorrow to ensure there's enough for the walls that have yet to be done. I'll need it for the first floor anyway.

It was important to get the ceilings primed, as tomorrow I paint them. I have to stop at Home Depot first and return the gallon of ceiling paint we purchased. I forgot the kitchen ceiling also needs paint, and a 2 gallon bucket is considerably cheaper than 2 one gallon cans.

So tomorrow I stop at Home Depot, prime the rest of the walls, and paint the ceilings. If things go really well I might paint the kitchen ceiling too. All this has to be done before 4:30ish, though. At that point I have to stop and get cleaned up, because around 5:00 my Mom will come home, and we're going to mass. They are saying a mass for my Dad at our local church, and I offered to go with her.

I'd say, between the run and the 8 hours of work, I'm good on my weight loss goal today. I didn't get anything done on the housekeeping or learning goals, but I'm ok with that. I'm rather exhausted, and as soon as I post this I'm heading to bed. We will see what tomorrow brings.

1 comment:

Rose @ Eat, Drink, and Be Meiri said...

Kick on job on the repeats. It reminds me that I'm going to have to start doing speed work soon.

Shoot me an email so we can plan our gift exchange.