Pages

May 14, 2011

Just back from the expo

Having the Cleveland Marathon expo right up the street from me is a dangerous thing. I've been up there three times now. First, I picked up my packet, then found myself a pair of Injinji socks and Gu. Then I went back to find Superman a pair of tech socks. He normally would wear his regular cotton crew, but with the prediction for rain was more concerned about blisters. Finally, I went to see if I could find a shirt to wear tomorrow, that doesn't advertise some other race.

I have to say, this is the first race I've been in where they would not switch out the T-shirt if you discovered the size you ordered did not fit. They have a message board and post-its where you are supposed to stick your name, phone number, the size of shirt you have, and the size of shirt you want. Turns out these tech shirts run small, since the medium that has fit me just about perfectly so far is hard to even pull down. I'm not even sure a large will fit, but it looked like that would be my only other option. I got lucky, as there is someone on the west with a large, looking for a medium. I called her, and even more fortuitously, had already planned to be on the west side today (I live on the east side). I told her I felt like a kidnapper, arranging to bring her shirt to such-and-such a place at such-and-such a time. She bailed at the last minute, saying she was running late for a wedding. I think she felt as weird about the whole process as I do. End result? I don't have a shirt for tomorrow. All the other tech shirts I have are either winter weight, or advertise a different race.

So back to the expo I went for the third time. I don't know how I missed the One More Mile booth the first two times I was there. I spent over half an hour browsing through their selection. Here are just a few I liked enough to consider purchasing:
"Does this shirt make my butt look fast?"
I bought this in a tank.
I just had to have it, and they didn't have it in a T
 

"26.2 miles. What could possibly go wrong?"
Back list of what could go wrong: HERE
I didn't even see the back. Didn't need to.


Came close to buying this one, but they didn't have it in my size.
The fabric is a wicking diamond mesh, what they call "Wick-lite Diamond Knit." It almost goes without saying One More Mile didn't sponsor this post in any way. I just thought they were hilarious, with a nice fabric, and at $26 not too expensive.

Now I'm ready for tomorrow, with no more excuses to visit the expo. Good thing, since I've depleted my stash cash considerably.

No comments: