Pages

March 31, 2011

Three things Thursday

1. This weekend I'm trying my hand at baking bread. My mother went through a spell where she made all our bread. YUM for bread hot out of the oven! Superman went through a stint a few years ago, where he made bread every week for a few months. I have in the past owned a bread machine, but rarely used it. That's why this time I will forgo the machine until I know how much bread I'm actually going to make. If anyone has any good thick, dense bread recipes, I'm interested.
Being Gadget Girl, I did price out one of these babies.
The Zorirushi Bbcec20ba makes 2 lb. loaves that look like loaves of bread.
You can also make meatloaf and jelly with it...
2. I'm not sure what I'm doing on my runs this week, but I must be doing something right. I feel like I'm actually running. I feel like I'm pushing, and even though today was the 3rd day of running in a row, the run didn't suck horribly. Yeah, I walked some. Yeah, my legs are tired, but I still felt like I ran the whole thing. Understand there is a difference between running and jogging, and a difference between what these last 2 runs have felt like, and what running usually feels like. Though not easy or comfortable, this I can get used to!

3. Now that I'm done with the bathroom, I've noticed the house looks rather shabby in comparison. Because I don't know what to do with myself, I started mudding some of the cracks I noticed around doors, windows, and baseboards. I found myself talking to a friend who might be able to get me a huge discount on paint, so I can redo the first and 2nd floors. I need a new kitchen floor and carpet throughout the house, but can't afford those projects yet. I am seriously thinking about what I want and how to get it done, though. 

No comments: