Pages

March 1, 2011

Hips Don't Lie

I was going to call this post "Phoning it in" because that's what I feel I've been doing this week. Yesterday was 4 miles in the park, and I walked a LOT. I still posted a 12:24 pace, which is faster than the 4-miler I ran less than 2 weeks ago. Today was progressive quarter mile intervals. I actually covered the 3 miles on my calendar, but only by counting the walk breaks, which I don't normally do. I opted to skip the walk portion for the first half, then was surprised when I felt tired for the second half. So I feel like I'm phoning it in, but I'm kinda not.

At the same time, I'm tired. I'm regularly sleeping in until 9, which if you read this post you know is not normal for me. I assume it's because I'm growing. At least parts of me are. I'm running faster than ever, but I end up walking because my hips get tired. All the time they were locked up, they weren't getting any workout. Now, they're weak and tired. I have to build them up while keeping to my program, but also without overworking them and injuring myself again. It's a challenge and a fine line.

Maybe I should take up belly dancing...

1 comment:

Emz said...

well
after
watching
that . . . . I'm freaking signing up.