Pages

March 10, 2011

Ok, so I'm an idiot

It seems so many in my little blog world are suffering from ITB issues. Beth at Shut Up And Run is going to have hers needled. Miss Zippy is about to reveal a revolutionary new treatment for hers. Michel at Baby Weight My Fat Ass just saw the doctor yesterday for knee pain, which was diagnosed as ITBS. Michel's post yesterday didn't click for me until today. Knee pain = ITBS. Huh.

When I got home I pulled out my foam roller. After rolling, I felt almost completely normal. No more knee pain. Huh.

This is the idiot part. Through the past month of half marathon training, I haven't used my foam roller at all. I haven't stretched after running. I've hardly stretched at all. Just get the run done, and move on to the next thing. I was supposed to do Yoga once a week, but the class was completely fail. It's not like I don't know the poses. I could do them at home. I did not. At all.

And I wonder why I hurt.
So apparently, I'm one of those people who absolutely HAS to stretch, to roll out after EVERY run. I simply have to make the time if I want to continue running.

I simply have to make the time if I want to continue running.

As if repeating it will make it stick. Stretching has in the past fallen under the "be good to yourself" category, which I am only good at in small doses. I have to move it to the "you'll hurt if you don't" category, and hope that will convince me. At the same time, I am looking forward to hearing about SUAR's results from needling, and Miss Zippy's new treatment details.

Bathroom update: 2 and a half walls tiled. I could have the walls completely tiled by the end of the weekend, providing I can borrow my Dad's pipe wrench to take the handles off the sink and toilet valves. Then it's time to pick out new floor tile and a sink cabinet. Wheee!

1 comment:

misszippy said...

I hope it does the trick for you! Smart girl.