Pages

July 7, 2011

Progress

2/3 of the 2nd floor baseboards are currently on the 3rd floor
waiting for the electrician to rewire behind where they go
Carpet, nails, and staples are gone from the front bedroom
the back bedroom

and the master bedroom
Tomorrow I prime the front bedroom. Next week, the basement and kitchen ceilings come down, and hopefully we'll see the electrician by the end of the week.

Tomorrow I also hope to run for the first time in almost 2 weeks. My heel feels much better, though I am still aware of the heel spur while driving. There is no pain, and I have a race coming up next month. I plan to just do a few (3 to 4) miles on the treadmill. If tomorrow's run goes well, I will repeat it after my swim Friday (45 minute swim, 45 minute run). Then a long (10 mile) run/walk outside on Saturday. I don't expect to be able to run the entire 10 miles, so will incorporate the marathon plan (even though I never ran the marathon... yet). Sunday will be a well deserved rest day (after playing at karaoke until the wee hours of the morn).

More progress. This is the last week of my Project Management class. I have 3 classes left until graduation, and I'm freaking out only a little about what I will do then. I had plans to work toward both A+ certification and Database Administration certification. Neither of those plans got very far, for various reasons. I spent some time talking to an adviser today, who sent me some information on school run alumni job boards. I need to somehow find a way to get my foot in the door, in an entirely new field from everything on my resume. I have a lot of knowledge, both hands on and through school. What I don't have is experience. That and the type of school I chose (on line vs. brick and mortar) has me just a little insecure.

There is plenty of room for more progress.

No comments: