Pages

October 3, 2010

Virtual racing

I am getting to know so many interesting people in this bloggy world! People like Barefoot Neil, who is celebrating his birthday this year by putting on a virtual race.  Since I happen to be running the Towpath Half on his birthday, I decided to participate.

Who knew you could race, virtually? Here's how it works: 

You comment on his race post to sign up.  
You run however many kilometers you said you would run (I'm running 21K = 13.1 miles) 
You post a race report (I would have anyway)
You're in like Flynn (whoever Flynn is...)! 

There are some pretty cool prizes, for which participant names will be pulled from a hat. 

This is my first foray into actually participating in this new world.  The more I learn, the more I realize I want to grow up and be just like Neil. I only wish I could run this race in Vibrams, but I haven't been able to get them in my area yet...

1 comment:

Neil Zee said...

Hi! Thanks for running in the race! And heh, I'm just a dude who blogs. It's a lot of fun for me so, I guess it's easy.

Good Luck in your race!