Pages

February 4, 2021

02/04/2021:

William had looked at my work from last night and edited it, so we had an hour-long conversation about how things should go. He keeps wanting to complicate things. I pushed back on having API in the URL path, because it breaks Abstraction by letting users know anything about the internal workings of the application, and because some people like to navigate by URL address instead of buttons. He was ok with that. Then we got into a conversation about what classes we'll need. I don't think he's read the README, nor looked at the database. He's going off projects he's seen and done himself, which are far more complicated than this needs to be. He definitely has an understanding of REST and websites, but he also has an ego. Not that I don't have an ego too. Again, I need to make sure he doesn't steamroll me. I will not be put in the same position I was at Rockwell!

No comments: