Pages

February 3, 2021

02/03/2021:

We started our capstone today, and I got off on the wrong foot by suggesting we call ourselves the dream team. I'm frustrated with both teammates. William doesn't want to work with anyone, preferring we break off individually, while I want to try mob programming. I don't know where Dion is with the material, but William has been working on side projects on the weekends. I am concerned he'll try to bowl over me. I need to make sure I hold my own and not show weakness. 

I'm concerned about how much Dion will be around. He seems to travel with his family. I was a little annoyed he kept saying check-out was at 11, that he was at a vineyard, and wouldn't be near his computer all day. William had his mock technical interview at 2 and mine was at 4, so that meant we couldn't actually meet until the evening. Also, at one point in our initial meeting, William asked where Dion went and I didn't see him in Zoom because of the size of my zoom window, so I thought he dropped off. I had to apologize for saying something questioning about his being there for us.   

We did meet after dinner, but that meeting was not productive. I went through the code after and mapped out what I thought needed to happen, using Trello again. I didn't get into as much detail as the last project mapping, but I think I have a fair idea of what needs to happen. We won't be able to meet again until 11am tomorrow, because Dion's mock technical interview is at 10, and we have a short class meeting at 9.


No comments: