Pages

April 27, 2011

Wouldn't you know?

No sooner did I hit post yesterday, wouldn't you know I'd come down with some nasty bug? For the last 24 hours I've been curled up in a ball, praying to the porcelain god, crashed on the couch, or trying to suck down as much water and chicken noodle soup as my body will take.

I'm wrung out like a wet dishrag.

So here's the deal. I expect to be well, well before Sunday. At the same time, I've promised Superman I won't do anything stupid (at least any more stupid than running a marathon completely unprepared). If I am not 100% by Sunday, I will not run 26.2 miles that day. I'll likely run 10, as I have the Cleveland Half Marathon in 2 weeks.

Fear not, the marathon will go on. Just not for a few weeks. I will not injure myself by running it the week before a race. I expect to need at least 2 weeks to recuperate. So not the 8th, because I have a race on the 15th. Certainly not the 15th, and not the 22nd because I'll want to recuperate from the 15th.

I am trying to be sane in the midst of my madness.

So if I am not up to snuff this Sunday, I will run/walk the marathon on May 29. Deal?

1 comment:

Rose @ Eat, Drink, and Be Meiri said...

I hope it's a super super quick sickness and you feel like an awesome rock star on Sunday!