Pages

January 17, 2011

The bathroom is done!!!

I started with this:

and turned it into this:


I sanded and mudded the walls until smooth, primered, then papered. I sanded and stained the woodwork. I glued and braced the surround. I laid concrete to level the floor, and laid tile. I replaced the toilet (it was only supposed to be pulled and put back, but I cracked the tank so they had to buy a new one). Today we put up the baseboards.

Next up is the hallway, both first and second floor. This involves mudding several cracks, and replacing some ceiling and wall over by the refrigerator nook. This area is directly below the bathroom, and has suffered water damage from a leaking tub/surround. When everything is all mudded and smooth, I will clean walls, primer, and paint. It should take several weeks, as there is a lot of area to cover and a lot of woodwork to tape off/paint.

On the knee front, I'm getting better and better. Still not 100%, or even 90% yet, but stairs are easier. That is my litmus test right now. I'm still swimming for at least an hour, 3x a week. I haven't been walking as much as I wanted, but I have been stretching daily. I also took a line dancing class today, which was great fun and showed me I can be on my feet for an hour, stepping and turning, without reinjuring myself. That class is Mondays, and I will be back next week.

I'm off to finish writing 2 papers. This week I'll be trying vibrating massage on my hips and hamstrings. I'll let you know how that goes!

3 comments:

Amy Boukair said...

I officially welcome you in the The Renaissance Woman Club! Well done!

misszippy said...

So impressive! I admire anyone for taking on a project of that scope. I hope you'll take a break and enjoy the fruits of your labor before starting the next one.

Still Running said...

Nice job on the bathroom! I tend to be a non-finisher on the household projects, so am very impressed when others follow through!