Pages

April 16, 2012

Ow

I am laughing at myself right now. I started the Insanity workout yesterday with the 26 minute Fit Test. I was whimpering just getting out of bed this morning. My form sucked on that test, by the way. Compared to the people in the video, I did not kick as high, squat as low, or have nearly the energy they did. Understandable, since they've been doing this a while. I was surprised however. I certainly thought I could hang better than I did.

Today was 42 minutes of Plyometric Cardio Circuit. Ow ow ow ow ow ow ow! He wrecked the entire class by the time he was done. I don't think any of them made it all the way through. I only made it through the warm-up. Let me say that again. I ONLY MADE IT THROUGH THE WARM-UP. This is in part because I was sore from yesterday, but also in part because the warm-up would kick a lot of people's ass. Sweat was dripping off me by the time he started doing a stretch session, which I thought was the end of the whole thing. I was sorely mistaken.

The following is a sped up version of a more fit person attempting the day's exercise. The first 3 and a half minutes are just the warm-up. Like I said, that's as far as I got.


It may very well take me the entire 8 weeks of this program just to get fit enough to do this program. I'm already planning to do the whole thing over again at least once. Forget the more advanced DVD's my sister is talking about, until I can get this set down. I'm also trying to figure out how I can continue running, how I can bike where I need to be, and how I can accomplish the work at my Mom's while doing this.

The thing is, I need to do something like this. I need to work my upper body and my core. I used to be able to do several and several good push-ups, and now cannot even get down an inch on one. Doing this will help my running, though it's obviously going to hurt it for a while first. I've already decided to scrap my original running plan, which included a gradual increase in mileage. Three miles a day is plenty while doing this. I did not try to run today, either before or after the Cardio Circuit. My plan has been to run 3 or 4 days, then take a rest day. Yesterday was day 4 of running. I'm going to have to find a way to balance the two, along with biking everywhere. I haven't figured out how to do that yet, but I'll find a way.

Tomorrow I'll try running early, then do the 40 minutes of Cardio Power Resistance later in the day. We'll see how that works. Honestly, I'm a little frightened. Determined, but scared. Luckily I don't have anywhere to go, that I might also need to add the bike into the mix.

As I told Superman, expect a lot of whining in the near future.

No comments: