Pages

January 22, 2015

Thursday January 22, 2015

Staying home for the discomfort of kidney stones. On 600 mg ibuprofen, which takes the edge of but doesn't get rid of the discomfort in my back, my hip, and currently my groin.

My nootropics arrived today. Took ~20mg of noopept. Will try to remember to update with how that goes. Only working another hour or so before getting ready for my CT scan. I might get on and work more after, or I might work on the rover programming assignment. Or I might look more closely at the algebra classes I want to take while I'm out of school this term.

Nootropics. I'm mostly interested in the loss of appetite that is supposed to be associated with them. The mental acuity is a bonus, because I have been struggling for words at work and would like to feel more intelligent.  I would like to understand Boston post and am tired of hearing people talk about the product without understanding what they say. Mostly in tired of feeling I'm not intelligent when I used to believe I was, before moving to PD.

I'm also hoping the increased awareness, intelligence, whatever will help me focus on NOT eating when I'm not hungry.  I'm kind of aware when I do that now, but not enough to stop me.

I was up at 6:30 this morning, awake earlier but not wanting to get out of bed. It's now 9:30 pm and while I yawned a couple times in the past few hours, I'm not particularly tired. I'm not hungry either, though that might be due to the pint of ice cream I force fed myself this morning. I did have a small bit of chicken thigh + indian lentil soup, and I'm now eating nuts. This is because, while I've recently downed a liter of water, I'm thirsty and my mouth is bored, not because I'm hungry. 

So. "Kind of  aware" but currently not caring. I took a percocet for pain I wasn't really feeling, and am eating to fill a hunger that isn't there. Wondering what the Dr. will say tomorrow. This is NOT all in my mind, though I may be blowing it up into more than it actually is. 

I plan to cycle the nootropics, so I don't build up any tolerances. Once I get some experience with dosage and which does what I'll have a better idea how to handle them. I'm also not sure whether to tell Jeff. I don't talk about my supplements, but while these are (mostly) over the counter supplements they are a little different from A, B, and Biotin.

No comments: