Pages

September 18, 2010

New ink!

I have been considering a tattoo on my leg for about a year, and today Monkey Boy gave me that tat as a belated birthday present.  For me, a tattoo has to mean something, and choosing an image is not an easy decision to make.  Today's tattoo makes 3, with another planned for when I have the $$ and am up for the pain.
Sheba is 10 years old.
She's on my left arm, and represents my inner spirit and strength.  
The band on my right arm is almost 2 years old.
It represents my children, and was designed in part by them.
They each got their first tattoos the same day.
Today's tat represents wings on my feet.
I plan to have a different set of wings put on the other ankle, at some point.  
I have a few times in the past tried to run, but it was always for weight loss, and never lasted for long.  This past January I was inspired by my friend Wonder Woman, who signed up to do a couch-to-half-marathon program.  I knew there was no way I could get up to 13.1 miles in 4 months, so opted for the 10K.  This made more sense to me, especially since running a 10K has been on my bucket list for as long as I can remember.  I ran that 10K, then ran another, and now find myself trying to run the half marathons.  I am not yet up to that 13.1 mile distance, even 8 months later, but I am trying.  At some point I will probably try a full marathon, too.  

I do not consider myself a "runner."  That moniker is reserved for those who run daily, for those who love to run, for those who can finish a half or full marathon without walking.  Me, I run a few times a week.  I don't like to run as much as I like the fact that I run, and we all know I don't have the distance in me.  Yet.  What I do have is the determination to keep trying.  That, and wings on my feet (foot).

No comments: