Pages

September 11, 2010

Here we go again...

I should start off giving tribute to Allophones Karr for the quote that titles this blog.  "Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns. I am thankful that thorns have roses."  I strive for that attitude.  I don't always achieve it.  I'm hoping this blog will help.

I've tried this blogging thing in the past and always ended up walking away, for various reasons. I'm hopeful now, as ever, that I will be able to sustain a creative endeavor. If nothing else, I have time to write, right now. Of course, that's what Goddess says, and she's done more trashing and deleting than writing, lately. I think we both suffer the same creative angst issues.

A brief history, since I hate filling out profiles. I am a mother of 2 adult males, so can no longer define myself by my parenting. I am currently out of work, tired of the career I drifted into 10 years ago, and looking to shift without a clutch to something more interesting. I am in school, but have no faith that will take me where I want to go. Instead, I am trying to teach myself what I need to succeed. Certification from the almighty God Microsoft, in addition to the on-line degree, should do the trick.  I just have to teach myself what I need to know to get certified, before my $$ runs out.  Either that or get a stop-gap position until I can learn what I need to know. Neither option is going to be easy, but once I get there... oh the roses those thorns will have!

Beyond that, I sing karaoke (some days better than others). I run (can't say I like it, but I like that I do). I play with polymer clay and colored pencils, but my art also suffers from creative angst. I would love to own a motorcycle. I would love to earn a black belt. Both of those goals are more likely than earning a million $, so I'll leave it at that.

You'll find out more as I meander through my thoughts and feelings on this page. Hopefully you'll be interested and entertained.

1 comment:

Amy Boukair said...

Yay! You're blogging again! And you linked me! I'm honored! :)

I need to start back on that writing thing (since we *cough* have time now), more than the trashing thing, but have been wrapped up in the basement thing, and now the poker thing... and then there's the whole looking for a job thing... ugh.

Anyway, I look forward to reading your meanderings...

And more karaoke!