Pages

January 19, 2012

Boring myself

Source
You may have noticed I haven't posted at all this week, until yesterday's blackout. The reason is, I'm boring myself with all these goal related posts. If I'm boring myself, I imagine that's exactly how my faithful readers feel, x 10. At the same time, it's helpful for me to focus on how my goals are progressing daily. In addition to writing about them here, I've been tracking them on my calendar. The combination of both blog and calendar has been time consuming, which is counter productive.

The past few days, I tried just tracking on the calendar. That hasn't worked so well. Things aren't getting done. It's interesting to me which things are happening (running every day) and which are not (eating well, housekeeping, studying, and resumes). There's my priorities, right there. There is what I fear or find difficult or just do not enjoy doing. Those are also the variable elements in my calendar, time-slots which I allow to move freely depending on things like what time I wake up, what time I finish at my Mom's, and what I FEEL at any given time. I'm thinking I need to stop letting what I FEEL affect what I want to accomplish. I'm not letting what I FEEL affect my daily runs. Why am I letting it affect my daily studying, or daily resume submissions?

Once again, this blog is evolving, and I'm not certain of it's final form. My goals are also evolving, as I find what fits with who I am, and who I want to be. I imagine THAT will be a lifelong process. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3 positives from the last few days:

1. I've now run 18 days straight, each week increasing in mileage.

2. I'm tentatively excited about some of the resumes I've submitted, particularly to Progressive. I've not heard back from anyone, but my credentials are more in line with these than most of the other positions I've applied for of late.

3. I don't know if I've lost weight, and I've not exactly stuck to my food plan the last several days, but I FEEL more slender and fit. Ultimately, that's the result I'm looking for anyway.

No comments: