Pages

January 13, 2013

Be Careful What You Wish For

Last post I talked about Shakeology - whether I should try it or not, how expensive it is, a few of the pros and cons. 

My darling son Monkey Boy had not gotten me a Christmas present, so decided to step in and help sort out my indecision for me.
This package arrived at my door Thursday. 
Now I really have a decision to make. It was easy to toss the pros and cons of meal replacement around when I hadn't actually spent money on the Shakeology product. Apparently Monkey Boy figured Shakeology was too expensive, so purchased more than twice as much product for just over $100 more than the Shakeology would have cost. 

I cannot follow this program. That I know already. The Vi program is based around two shakes per day, plus a healthy dinner. Now I'll admit I've daydreamed about being able to take a pill and get all the nutrition I need in a day. That would remove all temptation to over-eat, because I wouldn't eat at all. "Brownies? No thanks. I don't eat." In the real world though, I want to learn how to eat right, how to eat within my body's requirements, and I want to eat real, healthy food.

But I have this stuff in the house now, and I cannot decide what to do with it. I was (and still am) considering meal replacement shakes for breakfasts. I don't eat breakfast every day, but on the days I'm hungry in the morning a shake would be quick and easy, measured calories, tasty, and (theoretically) nutritious. Just using the shake portion of this seems such a waste though. I am in no way inclined to use the appetite suppressant pills, and am not even mildly consistent about the vitamin supplements I do take. 

I made sure Monkey Boy wouldn't be upset if I returned this lot, which at this particular moment I'm almost certain I will do. I may or may not get the Shakeology, or maybe a different brand of comparatively nutritious meal replacement shake. I don't know. 

I do know I made yogurt smoothies for breakfasts this week. 
I guess I'll see how these go down before deciding about meal replacements one way or the other. 

I'm still amused by my workout schedule. If I were sticking to a single program I would probably be complaining about little quirks of the trainers. As is, I can't decide which videos I like best. I lost a bit of steam toward the end of this past week. I wasn't prepared for the Combat video to require weights, and had to improvise. Thursday night I had multiple vivid and violent nightmares, which contributed to Friday being a rest day. I didn't run today either, though I could have. Even so, this past week is the best workout week I've had in a long time, as I type this I'm looking forward to the week to come. 

No comments: