Pages

November 1, 2011

Ready to be done

The sewing room is officially done, other than putting all the books back on the shelves. My Mom has to do that, as she knows what she wants to keep, and where she wants to keep it. I expect there will be book donations in the near future.

Next up, the master bedroom.

And no, I did not run today. Instead I ate. And ate. And ate and ate and ate, just like I've been doing for the past several days. I'm not good at this mourning thing. It's multiplicative. Missing my Dad makes me miss my Grandmother, who passed 10 years ago. At this point, just about everything makes me miss my Dad. Looking at the completed front bedroom today made me cry, because he won't get to see all his plans come to fruition. My mother getting a new iPhone made me sad, because Dad was going to get her one for Christmas (even though she told him she didn't want one). I'm ready for some semblance of normalcy, but I have no idea what constitutes normal for me anymore.

My final class started today, and I'm also feeling the stress of having to find a job on a faster timeframe than originally expected. I thought I had unemployment until March, but now I'm pretty sure I only have until mid-January. I started submitting at least one resume per day. It's been 11 years since I've had to do this, and I'm feeling decidedly rusty. And oh, by the way, I've got that whole "did I really learn anything in college?" thing going on too.

So yeah, you'd think I'd WANT to get out and run, to relieve some of this stress and work off some of these excess calories. Somehow that's not happening.

No comments: