Pages

December 7, 2020

12/7/2020:

The people in charge of the bootcamp Pathway Program are trying help us all get to know one another. This week we all had to post a selfie of our work stations. 


I'm using Synergy to share my desktop mouse and keyboard with my school laptop. It allows me to use both machines seamlessly as if they were a single unit. I could have used a KVM switch, but those you have to actually enter a keystroke to move from one machine to another. 

I'm not a selfie person, and was not happy with my hair. It was horribly wispy so I wet it down, which made it look too tight and flat against my head. At least my crooked teeth weren't showing in this one, and my smile didn't make me cringe. Can you see why I'm not a selfie person? Turns out I'm not the only one who didn't want to take a selfie. One person mentioned it in Slack, a few more responded they were the same, so I posted this:

Owned by Fox, from Arrested Development

The first post in the thread included his puppy, so I of course included mine:


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I didn't quite hit 10K steps again today, though I did run a bit with Athena this evening. I don't remember how much we ran, but if it's even a single house from driveway to driveway, that counts as running! 

I'm so not enjoying the after dark in the street walks! I keep thinking about walking on the treadmill during our morning sessions, but I'm using that time to work on homework, and between the problem sets and outlining the reading every day, I feel I'm spending so very much time on homework! I don't finish some days until 10-11 pm. I wonder if I'm just not managing my time well enough, doing other things I don't remember during breaks in the day. I know just our walks alone take at least 2 hours.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I called about my debt renegotiation program today. I signed up before getting laid off, agreeing to pay almost $1K a month to an account where they would pay my creditors after working out reduced amount agreements with them all. I only have 2 agreements in affect at the moment. 

I've had to call every month for over a year now, asking to either skip or reduce my payment. Today was the first time I got any pushback. The agent was insistent they couldn't skip my payment, since they have a limit of 3 times they can do that per year. I hadn't heard that before - maybe because usually I ask to reduce it instead. I get that she has rules she has to follow, but she was insistent they would pull the full amount from my account even after I told her it would only end up costing both me and the company because I just don't have the funds. I also think she went a bit far, telling me what she thought her supervisor would say when I asked to speak with one. I wasn't being mean or angry at that point, though I had trouble keeping my temper in check as the conversation progressed. She did finally agree to connect me to a supervisor, but we were disconnected when she put me on hold. Her supervisor did actually call back later, so I don't think it was on purpose. 

I redialed immediately, before the supervisor called me back, and reached a different agent. That person put me in touch with his supervisor right away, and I was able to arrange the skipped payment. Unfortunately, I did break down into tears during that conversation. I felt the first agent had basically yelled at me, which redlined my stress levels. 

Just like last month, this supervisor told me he would put a note in my file explaining my situation. I still have to call every month, and now have to make up $250 before November of next year, or I'll default on one of the agreements because I won't have enough money in my account. That amount will undoubtedly grow before I'm working again, by about $2K if I can make the reduced payments I'd been making up until now.  

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Accomplishments:
9K+ steps
Fold laundry
Stretch
Dishes
Ran with Athena

No comments: